DYNAMICS, TOPOLOGY AND COMPUTATIONS
JUNE 24 - 30, 2012
International Conference organized by
Stefan Banach International Mathematical Center, Warszawa
Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, Jagiellonian University,
European Science Foundation
The following speakers accepted the invitation to present a talk:
- Maciej Capinski (Krakow, Poland)
- Frederic Chazal (Inria, France)
- Amadeu Delshams (Barcelona, Spain)
- Graham Ellis, (Galway, Ireland),
- Dmitry Feichtner-Kozlov (Bremen, Germany)
- Massimo Ferri (Bologna, Italy)
- Denis Gaidashev (Uppsala, Sweden)
- Giovanni Gronchi (Pisa, Italy)
- Călin Guet (IST, Austria)
- George Haller (McGill, Canada)
- Alex Haro (Barcelona, Spain)
- Tomas Johnson (Cornell, USA)
- Matthew Kahle (IAS, USA)
- Ugo Locatelli (Roma, Italy)
- Dmitriy Morozov (LBNL, USA)
- Martin Raussen (Aalborg, Denmark)
- Arturo Vieiro (Barcelona, Spain)
DyToComp2012 is a satellite conference of 6th European Congress of Mathematics.
The conference is devoted to computational aspects of dynamics and topology.
The themes of the conference include, but are not limited to:
Topology and Computation
- Dynamics and Computation
- classical numerical methods for dynamical ODEs and PDEs,
- algorithms for rigorous numerics of dynamical systems,
- KAM theory and rigorous numerics,
- variational methods,
- applications to celestial mechanics,
- numerical experiments in dynamics,
Dynamics and Topology
- homology algorithms,
- persistent homology,
- data analysis by topological methods,
- topological methods in computer science,
- topological methods in shape analysis, imaging and computer vision,
- statistical topology,
- directed algebraic topology and concurrency,
- combinatorial methods in applied algebraic topology,
- topological aspects of computational algebra.
- topological invariants of dynamical systems, Conley index
- topological criteria for qualitative analysis of dynamical systems
- topological methods of dynamical systems as tools in developing numerical algorithms,
- numerical algorithms for topological invariants of dynamical systems
The venue of the conference will be the
and Conference Center in Będlewo, Poland.
The Center consists of a neo-gothic palace, a new hotel
with conference facilities and a lovely
The village of Będlewo is located 30 km South of Poznań.
The address of the conference center is:
Ośrodek Konferencyjny IM PAN
ul. Parkowa 2
(from a mobile phone dial +48-61-813-5187)
PREREGISTRATION AND REGISTRATION
The deadline for (pre)registration was May 31, 2012.
The (pre)registration forms are closed now.
In case of necessary updates or with regard to
arrival information changes, please, contact
Those who have not yet submitted the abstract of their talk or poster
are kindly requested to send one as soon as possible to
Prof. Piotr Zgliczyński
by e-mail. Please, use standard LaTeX code
for formatting and mathematical symbols
(A simple LaTeX template can be used
for testing the abstract.) We intend to make these abstracts
available to all participants of the conference.
The registration fee covers organizational
costs, excursion and banquet. The registration fee is 300 PLN.
It will be collected on site, upon
arrival and in cash only.
Będlewo is a small village and there is no ATM nor bank there.
We recommend withdrawing cash from an ATM machine upon arrival (best solution)
or changing money at an exchange office at the airport/railway station.
The conference fee covers accommodation and full board.
The conference fee is 1200 PLN.
A reduced fee (1050 PLN ) is offered to the registered participants
of the European Congress of Mathematics in Kraków
If you have not paid the conference fee yet:
- Do not make bank transfers anymore, it is too late for that.
- Send an e-mail to the organisers confirming your participation.
- Pay the conference fee upon arrival (in cash or by credit card).
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
Sunday, June 24th is the arrival day.
The scientific program of the conference begins on Monday, June 25th in the morning and ends on Saturday,
June 30th around noon.
The reception room of the conference center in Będlewo works 24 hours.
It is possible to stay longer or arrive before Sunday. The cost is 120 PLN for each additional day.
If you wish to take this opportunity, please let us know in advance and we will make a reservation for you.
EURO 2012 - BORDER CONTROL
Poland and Ukraine are holding the UEFA EURO 2012 championship in June.
Poznań and Warsaw are one of host cities and during the conference semifinal will take place in Warsaw on June 28th.
In connection with UEFA EURO 2012, in the period from 4 June to 1 July,
border control will be restored on Schengen internal borders between Poland
and Germany, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Lithuania
and on Polish international airports. Checks will be performed on an ad-hoc basis.
If you are an EU citizen, make sure that you have a valid ID card or a valid passport with you.
In the case of non-EU citizens a valid passport and, in some cases, a visa are required.
To enter Poland you may need to have a visa. Countries
whose citizens are not required to have
a visa when entering Poland can be found on the website:
The participants who do need a visa to enter Poland have to apply for a visa
in the respective Polish embassy on their own. If necessary, we can provide an invitation letter
to confirmed participants.
The Schengen visa application form can be found on the webpage:
A printed, updated version of the
as well as abstracts of the talks will be available upon arrival.
The conference center has three lecture rooms equipped with
blackboards, overhead projectors and computers with video projectors.
The Fourth and last Announcement was issued in June 2012. It
was sent by e-mail to registered participants only.
|Prof. Piotr Zgliczyński
Institute of Computer Science
ul. Lojasiewicza 6
tel. (+48-12) 664 6667
fax (+48-12) 664 6673
Dr. Tomasz Kapela
Institute of Computer Science
ul. Lojasiewicza 6