DYNAMICS, TOPOLOGY AND COMPUTATIONS
JUNE 15 - 20, 2015
International Conference organized by
- Robert Adler (Technion, Israel)
- Gunnar Carlsson (Stanford, USA)
- Luigi Chierchia (Roma, Italy)
- Herbert Edelsbrunner (Vienna, Austria)
- Michael Farber (London, UK)
- Hiroshi Kokubu (Kyoto, Japan)
- Rafael de la Llave (Georgia Tech, USA)
- Martin Raussen (Aalborg, Denmark)
- Carles Simo (Barcelona, Spain)
- Roman Srzednicki (Kraków, Poland)
- Warwick Tucker (Uppsala, Sweden)
So far the following speakers accepted the invitation to present a talk:
- Gianni Arioli (Politecnico di Milano, Italy)
- Andrew Blumberg (University of Texas, USA)
- Michael Farber (Queen Mary University of London, UK)
- Jordi-Lluis Figueras (Uppsala, Sweden)
- Massimiliano Guzzo (University of Padova, Italy)
- Emmanuel Haucourt (CEA, France)
- Yasuaki Hiraoka (Kyushu University, Japan)
- Hidekazu Ito (Kanazawa University, Japan)
- Nikolay Makarenko (Russian Academy of Sciences)
- James Meiss (University of Colorado, USA)
- Sayan Mukherjee (Duke University, USA)
- Amit Patel (University of Minnesota, USA)
- Paweł Pilarczyk (IST, Austria)
- Vin de Silva (Pomona College, USA)
- Iskander Taimanov (Novosibirsk State University, Russia)
- Katherine Turner (Chicago, USA)
- Rob van der Vorst (Vrije Universiteit, Netherlands)
The conference is devoted to computational aspects of dynamics and topology.
The themes of the conference include, but are not limited to:
Topology and Computation
- Dynamics and Computation
- classical numerical methods for dynamical ODEs and PDEs,
- algorithms for rigorous numerics of dynamical systems,
- KAM theory and rigorous numerics,
- variational methods,
- applications to celestial mechanics,
- numerical experiments in dynamics,
Dynamics and Topology
- homology algorithms,
- persistent homology,
- data analysis by topological methods,
- topological methods in computer science,
- topological methods in shape analysis, imaging and computer vision,
- statistical topology,
- directed algebraic topology and concurrency,
- combinatorial methods in applied algebraic topology,
- topological aspects of computational algebra.
- topological invariants of dynamical systems, Conley index
- topological criteria for qualitative analysis of dynamical systems
- topological methods of dynamical systems as tools in developing numerical algorithms,
- numerical algorithms for topological invariants of dynamical systems
The venue of the conference will be the
and Conference Center in Będlewo, Poland.
The Center consists of a neo-gothic palace, a new hotel
with conference facilities and a lovely
The village of Będlewo is located 30 km South of Poznań.
The address of the conference center is:
Ośrodek Konferencyjny IM PAN
ul. Parkowa 2
(from a mobile phone dial +48-61-813-5187)
A limited number of contributed talks will be
accepted. Everybody interested is welcome to submit an extended
abstract (up to 3 pages) of the proposed talk to Piotr Zgliczyński(firstname.lastname@example.org).
The deadline for submission is March 30, 2015. Acceptance
notification will be sent by e-mail on a continuous basis, but not
later than on April 15, 2015.
Due to limited capacity of the conference venue the number of
participants is restricted to guests and people whose contributed
talk is accepted.
We anticipate that we will be able to offer some number of grants
mainly addressed to young researchers. Grants will cover accommodation in Bedlewo
(lodging, meals and conference fee). Details will be given in the next announcements.
If you are interested in financial support please indicate this when sending an extended abstract
to Piotr Zgliczyński (email@example.com).
The decision will be announced on April 15, 2015.
The conference fee covers accommodation and full board.
The conference fee is:
- 1200 PLN - if paid not later than on April 30, 2015
- 1500 PLN - if paid after April 30, 2015
According to the current exchange rates (as of October 8, 2014)
1200 PLN is equivalent to 285 EUR or 360 USD. This is for
information purpose only, because exchange rates can change.
The payment of the conference fee should be made in PLN to:
| the bank account (IBAN): ||PL 48 1130 1017 0020 1467 1520 0002 |
| Swift code: || GOSKPLPW |
| Address of the bank: || Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego,|
Al. Jerozolimskie 7, 00-955 Warszawa
| Owner of the account:|| Instytut Matematyczny PAN, |
| Reason for transfer:|| DyToComp15 + name of the participant. |
Please do not forget to fill in the reason for the transfer.
DO NOT MAKE ANY PAYMENTS if you do not have the confirmation of participation.
There will be no refunds.
To enter Poland you may need to have a visa. Countries
whose citizens are not required to have
a visa when entering Poland can be found on the website:
The participants who do need a visa to enter Poland have to apply for a visa
in the respective Polish embassy on their own. If necessary, we can provide an invitation letter
to confirmed participants.
The Schengen visa application form can be found on the webpage:
PREREGISTRATION AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
The Third Announcement will be issued in spring 2015.
In order to receive it, please preregister.
|Prof. Piotr Zgliczyński
Institute of Computer Science
ul. Lojasiewicza 6
tel. (+48-12) 664 6667
fax (+48-12) 664 6673
Dr. Tomasz Kapela
Institute of Computer Science
ul. Lojasiewicza 6